Thursday, September 24, 2009

My beef with doctors

     Every time I go to a doctor’s office I think why do I bother? I’d leave having recited my whole medical history with nothing but a useless prescription in my pocket. Shouldn’t they at least perform some kind of procedure at least just for show? They’re more like psychiatrists sitting there listening to you speak and prescribing the first thing that comes to mind when they’ve had enough of your incessant chatter about third generation colitis. “That’s nice, don’t worry it can be treated with this -(pulls a fancy name out of his ass).” You think you’re cured and go home after having paid your month’s salary. These charlatans are expert brainwashers. It’s the easiest to take advantage of someone who’s a hypochondriac since they’ll believe anything. I am an example of their worst nightmare. I keep coming back telling them that what they gave me is not working and I got a whole bunch of new problems now in addition to my old ones. That’s like a slap in their face. “What do you mean you’re not cured yet? Have you been doing everything I said? Have you been sitting in a bathtub with chamomile and sticking suppositories in your anus?" No I’ve been bathing in milk like Cleopatra instead. Why do I have to perform the treatment on myself anyway? You’re the quack so do what needs to be done and I can come up with something else to worry about. They’re lazy and uncaring. That’s right I said it. But the worst kind is the DENTISTS. These creatures are willing to drill your perfectly healthy teeth into oblivion just to make a buck. I swear I leave their office with half the amount of teeth I had when I entered. The first thing they do is Xrays because the ones you brought are probably damaged and it’s safe to assume that you’ve developed a whole lot of issues in your mouth since last week. “You got cavities and need root canals everywhere." "Great, as long as you bleach my remaining stubs of nerveless decay”. They won’t quit until all their patients are sporting veneers or dentures. Is it too hard to ask for an honest opinion or do I have to ask them if they’d do this procedure on their daughter? The answer is yes anyway, they probably would do that to their daughter.

This is why our healthcare needs a reform. Not because people can’t afford it but because they aren’t being treated properly even if they shell out the cash.

No comments: