Monday, September 28, 2009

PPP

I’ve switched so many careers since graduating college that I’ve been dubbed a “professional professions pursuer" (PPP). A word about what that entails (this will be short because it doesn’t entail much). Basically a person who is constantly switching ‘professions’ and ‘pursuing’ something new, accumulating sufficient experience in the process, becomes a ‘professional’. Pretty impressive if you ask me, especially since I don’t discard any old professions when I start practicing the new ones. If I play my cards right I might accumulate a staggering amount of careers by retirement age; good enough to be in Guinness. I will have a new nickname by then, something like: (Re)tired of searching. This is almost the same as being a professional student who is constantly studying a different major to be able to utilize on the job market. I simply skip that step and go straight for the new venture. Might as well since I am full of vitality and youth and in need of monetary gain- considering that only one of my professions is bringing home the bacon, the others are sleeper cells. They will wake up eventually when food becomes scarce.

I am mulling over the idea of opening up a school to instruct others how to do this. I will play the role of a teacher/motivational speaker and enlist my friends as instructors, giving them the evening classes with all the immigrants (they will probably end up teaching ESL). In the end it doesn’t matter so long as something gets taught. This is what happens when you’re bursting with ideas. Pure brilliance.

No comments: